The Software FLO is released under the terms of the Project FLO License Agreement:
Project FLO is Christian Günther, Prof. Dr. Christiane Tammer, Marcus
Hillmann and Brian Winkler of Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg in
Halle (Saale), Germany (“we”, “our”, “us”). We created and developed the
software application Facility Location Optimizer including related supporting
resources (“FLO”, “the Software”). We operate and publish FLO through our
website located at http://project-flo.de.
The terms of this License form a binding agreement between you, an individual
user or non-commercial organization (“you” or “your”), and us regarding your
non-commercial use of the Software. By downloading, accessing or otherwise
using the Software you indicate your agreement to be bound by these License
Non-commercial License Terms
- The Software and any other related resources (including
documentation) are licensed to you on a limited, non-exclusive,
personal, non-transferable and royalty-free license under which you are
free to use the Software and other resources PROVIDED THAT you only do
so for non-commercial purposes (without charging a fee to any third
party) and PROVIDED THAT you attribute the work to us by using an
appropriate citation or (at least) mentioning our name, including an
appropriate copyright notice and providing a link to our website
located at http://project-flo.de.
- The Software (and all related materials and resources) are licensed to you WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY and on an AS IS basis including without
limitation the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. We accept no liability for your use of the Software (save to the extent such liability cannot be excluded as a matter of law).
- The Software (and all related materials and resources) are licensed
to you without any offer or promise of support or future development by
the Project FLO or any third party.
- You may install FLO on multiple devices in multiple locations
PROVIDED THAT you always use the Software for non-commercial purposes and otherwise in accordance with these License terms.
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights (including any
trademarks) of whatever nature (arising anywhere in the world) in the
FLO software (and all related resources) are and will remain our
property (or in the case of third party materials (including software
libraries) which we have the right of use, the property of the third
party licensor), and we reserve the right to grant licenses to use the
FLO software (and all related resources) to third parties.
- An “appropriate copyright notice” for the purposes of this License shall take the following form:
Copyright (c) Project FLO, 2015-2016
An “appropriate citation” for use in scientific or other works is: C. Günther, M. Hillmann, Chr. Tammer and B. Winkler: Facility Location Optimizer (FLO) – A tool for solving location problems, http://www.project-flo.de
- You may not use, copy, modify, or transfer the software
or any copy, modification, or merged portion, in whole or in part, except
as expressly provided for in this Agreement.
- You may not decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the
Software or attempt to do so.
- This License is personal to you and you may not assign it to a third
party or permit any third party to benefit from it without our prior
written consent. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, or transfer the Software.
- You will notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised
use of the whole or any part of the Software (and all related resources).
- If any of the provisions of this License (including the additional terms incorporated by reference) are held to be invalid or unenforceable
under any applicable statute or rule of law, it is to that extent to be
deemed omitted from the License. Such an omission will not affect the
validity of the remaining provisions of the License, which will remain
in full force and effect.
- This license is effective until terminated. You may terminate it at
any time by destroying all provided copies of the Software covered by
this License and all related resources including support files generated
by the Software. It will also terminate if you fail to comply with any
term or condition of this License. You agree that upon such termination
to destroy this Software, including all copies, functionally-equivalent
derivatives, and all portions and modifications thereof in any form.
- This License will be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany.